Yoga Therapy-day | shoulder joint and shoulder girdle in yoga
Dr. Günter Niessen
The shoulder joint is the moving center of the shoulder girdle and embedded in a chain of other joints that together enable us to grasp the world with our hands.
- How does the shoulder joint function midway between the hands and the spine?
- What skills and movement qualities are important?
- What can go "wrong"; which movements have the potential for injury?
- What alignment cues are useful and why?
- Which movement transitions and postures in yoga contribute to prophylaxis and regeneration?
We discuss functional anatomy and use this to develop an understanding of beneficial activities in everyday life and on the mat. The knowledge gained makes it easier to implement necessary changes. In the live online format of our interactive Yoga Therapy days, we alternate between practical yoga exercises and in-depth theoretical knowledge.